Sunday, February 5, 2012 • 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM
See this and other projects by Carol Murphy featured in Graphic 45's blog article Nostalgic Appeal: The Beautiful G45 Art of Carol Murphy.
Welcome this Valentine's Day with a springtime theme. Combine beautiful Graphic 45 papers, beads, laces, and more to create this gorgeous heart pocket complete with beaded hanger, gift card holder, card panel, and two darling tags.
Keep all the cards in the heart pocket and give as a gift to that special friend or family member. Or give the cards out separately and keep the heart pocket to house all your Valentine cards. You can add other goodies to the heart pocket as well. What about some handmade flowers, candy, or handmade stationary? What a cute presentation for that special teacher to hold pencils and pens, a notebook, a little calendar, and some praise notes for the students. Add some friend quotes and a spa day gift certificate with a few spa goodies for your best friend. There are so many alternatives to this project and we're sure you'll find countless possibilities once you learn the basic techniques.
This unique project is one of several projects that will be a part of Carol's Featured Artist Spot for Graphic 45 appearing in an upcoming January 26 blog article.
Carol will provide the pre-cut heart pocket dies, papers, pre-made lace trim, assorted optional lace trims, flowers, cameos, German Scrap foil, pearls, beads, and more. Different types and styles of bling will be offered but if you have something in particular in mind, please feel free to bring your own.
Please bring: scissors, Super Tacky white glue or your favorite fast grab white glue, hot glue gun and glue sticks, UHU glue stick, wire cutters and jewelry pliers if you have them.
About Carol Murphy
Carol Murphy is a well published mixed media artist and instructor living in El Cajon, California. Her feature articles and pieces have been published in many publications, including Somerset Studio, Art Doll Quarterly, Somerset Studio Gallery Editions, PaperART, CorrespondenceART, Stamper's Sampler, Altered Arts, Legacy, Somerset Studio Take Ten issues, Somerset Studio Inspirations issues and several Somerset Studio Catch Up issues as well.
To see more of Carol's work visit her website: Altered By Design.
- Classes have a limited enrollment to ensure comfort, maximum enjoyment and individualized instruction.
- Payment at time of registration reserves your spot and is required.
- Register in person or by calling (858-513-8024) during store hours.
- Store Cancellation: Classes with fewer than 2-3 students will be cancelled after consultation with the instructor. A full refund will be given.
- Student Cancellation: A refund will be available with 48-hour notice of cancellation, or 72-hour notice of cancellation when specified for out-of-area instructors. This gives the instructor enough time to modify the preparation kits accordingly. No refund when there is less than 48-hour notification, or less than 72-hour notification when specified; student will receive the class kit/instructor notes if applicable.
- Basic Class Kit: we recommend you bring adhesive, scissors, tweezers, X-Acto knife with fresh blade, pencil, black inkpad and personal paper cutter to all classes if you have these items. A stylus and light box is recommended for dry embossing classes if you have them. A wet embossing heat tool is recommended for embossing with powders.
- Class attendees receive 10% off non-sale product purchases on the day of the class. Class fees and gift certificates excluded.