Saturday, February 11, 2012 • 2:30 PM - 5:00 PM
See this and other projects by Carol Murphy featured in Graphic 45's blog article Nostalgic Appeal: The Beautiful G45 Art of Carol Murphy.
Combine metal findings, wire, beads, keys, charms, gorgeous Graphic 45 papers and more to create this one of a kind wall art piece. The deep teal green and copper color, meshed with mixed metals gives this piece a true vintage feel. What a nice way to decorate that little forgotten space, a hallway or an entry, maybe an enclosed porch or patio.
This is one of a few pieces that Carol will have featured on the Graphic 45 Featured Artist Spot appearing in the Graphic 45 website blog article on January 26.
Carol will provide the pre-cut hearts and papers, lots of mixed metal pieces, pre-cut chipboard gears, word sticks, word tokens, and keys. The sun/moon charms at the bottom of the piece are not included.
Please bring: UHU gluestick, fast grab white glue or your favorite glue for attaching the metal pieces. Something like E6000 is not necessary for this project. Any extra charms or gears you would like to use and jewelry pliers if you have them.
About Carol Murphy
Carol Murphy is a well published mixed media artist and instructor living in El Cajon, California. Her feature articles and pieces have been published in many publications, including Somerset Studio, Art Doll Quarterly, Somerset Studio Gallery Editions, PaperART, CorrespondenceART, Stamper's Sampler, Altered Arts, Legacy, Somerset Studio Take Ten issues, Somerset Studio Inspirations issues and several Somerset Studio Catch Up issues as well.
To see more of Carol's work visit her website: Altered By Design.
- Classes have a limited enrollment to ensure comfort, maximum enjoyment and individualized instruction.
- Payment at time of registration reserves your spot and is required.
- Register in person or by calling (858-513-8024) during store hours.
- Store Cancellation: Classes with fewer than 2-3 students will be cancelled after consultation with the instructor. A full refund will be given.
- Student Cancellation: A refund will be available with 48-hour notice of cancellation, or 72-hour notice of cancellation when specified for out-of-area instructors. This gives the instructor enough time to modify the preparation kits accordingly. No refund when there is less than 48-hour notification, or less than 72-hour notification when specified; student will receive the class kit/instructor notes if applicable.
- Basic Class Kit: we recommend you bring adhesive, scissors, tweezers, X-Acto knife with fresh blade, pencil, black inkpad and personal paper cutter to all classes if you have these items. A stylus and light box is recommended for dry embossing classes if you have them. A wet embossing heat tool is recommended for embossing with powders.
- Class attendees receive 10% off non-sale product purchases on the day of the class. Class fees and gift certificates excluded.