Sunday, March 11, 2012 • 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
See this and other projects by Carol Murphy featured in Graphic 45's blog article Nostalgic Appeal: The Beautiful G45 Art of Carol Murphy.
We are pleased to announce that Carol Murphy will be teaching this lovely canvas class per your many requests! Her "Peace" canvas was featured on the Graphic 45 website in January and we're thrilled she has agreed to incorporate it into her classes here just for us! Class size is limited to 12 students so sign up ASAP!
This project is chalk full of tons of goodies celebrating art and nature. Combine beautiful Graphic 45 images, paints, twigs, hardware, and so much more to create this gorgeous and very unique work of art. Learn how to form a one dimensional canvas piece into a true 3-D work of art. Carol's technique is so versatile and will lead you into a whole other world of dimension and texture.
Best part – Carol will provide almost everything for you to complete your project!!!!! That's right! All the hardware, including keys, door knob and keyhole, vintage brads and buttons, collage sheet images, flowers, leaves, bird nests, and eggs, grasses, laces, tags, and some extras are all included in the kit.
Please be sure to bring:
- Canvasses: two 12 x 12 canvases (cheap ones are fine) these are not the canvas panels – they are the regular ½ to ¾ inch deep (or so) stretch canvases.
- Paints and brushes: black acrylic paint, blue/green metallic paint and gold paint, Lumieres are great. Four foam brushes or old brushes.
- Modge Podge: Carol will have Modge Podge available but if you prefer matte gel medium please bring it.
- Adhesives: hot glue gun and glue sticks, strong white glue like Super Tacky, Aleene's Quick Grab, or The Ultimate.
- Feathers: Carol will have black feathers available, if you have certain colors in mind, please bring them.
- Extras: an old credit card, dry sticks from the backyard about ¼ inch around.
About Carol Murphy
Carol Murphy is a well published mixed media artist and instructor living in El Cajon, California. Her feature articles and pieces have been published in many publications, including Somerset Studio, Art Doll Quarterly, Somerset Studio Gallery Editions, PaperART, CorrespondenceART, Stamper's Sampler, Altered Arts, Legacy, Somerset Studio Take Ten issues, Somerset Studio Inspirations issues and several Somerset Studio Catch Up issues as well.
To see more of Carol's work visit her website: Altered By Design.
- Classes have a limited enrollment to ensure comfort, maximum enjoyment and individualized instruction.
- Payment at time of registration reserves your spot and is required.
- Register in person or by calling (858-513-8024) during store hours.
- Store Cancellation: Classes with fewer than 2-3 students will be cancelled after consultation with the instructor. A full refund will be given.
- Student Cancellation: A refund will be available with 48-hour notice of cancellation, or 72-hour notice of cancellation when specified for out-of-area instructors. This gives the instructor enough time to modify the preparation kits accordingly. No refund when there is less than 48-hour notification, or less than 72-hour notification when specified; student will receive the class kit/instructor notes if applicable.
- Basic Class Kit: we recommend you bring adhesive, scissors, tweezers, X-Acto knife with fresh blade, pencil, black inkpad and personal paper cutter to all classes if you have these items. A stylus and light box is recommended for dry embossing classes if you have them. A wet embossing heat tool is recommended for embossing with powders.
- Class attendees receive 10% off non-sale product purchases on the day of the class. Class fees and gift certificates excluded.