Friday, May 25, 2012 • 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Clean and Simple is highly under-rated when it comes to using stencils. You will be covering three different techniques as we discover how to make elegant cards with relatively simple techniques. Strié, Power-Pasting and the Double Glitter Technique with stenciling thrown into the mix. You will be working with a new color set of Paintstiks, learning how to paste more than one card at a time without changing the tape each time, how to stencil on glitter, paste-emboss on ribbon, stencil on glitter and so much more.
This is a great class for either the beginner or the more advanced stenciler. You'll learn lots!!!
Tools: Bring an old pair of scissors to cut metal and bring adhesive and paper trimmer.
About Lynell Harlow
Lynell Harlow is known world-wide for her innovative exploration of the centuries-old arts of stenciling and embossing. Her unique designs, and the stenciling and embossing plates used to create them, have been featured in magazine articles and several books including Paper Art, Art of the Scrapbook, and The Art and Craft of Handmade Cards. Lynell is a frequent guest on television shows, teaches workshops throughout the United States, and has produced a video, Unique Techniques: Working with Brass Stencils. She is also the owner of Dreamweaver Stencils.
$30. Includes all class materials.
- Classes have a limited enrollment to ensure comfort, maximum enjoyment and individualized instruction.
- Payment at time of registration reserves your spot and is required.
- Register in person or by calling (858-513-8024) during store hours.
- Store Cancellation: Classes with fewer than 2-3 students will be cancelled after consultation with the instructor. A full refund will be given.
- Student Cancellation: A refund will be available with 48-hour notice of cancellation, or 72-hour notice of cancellation when specified for out-of-area instructors. This gives the instructor enough time to modify the preparation kits accordingly. No refund when there is less than 48-hour notification, or less than 72-hour notification when specified; student will receive the class kit/instructor notes if applicable.
- Basic Class Kit: we recommend you bring adhesive, scissors, tweezers, X-Acto knife with fresh blade, pencil, black inkpad and personal paper cutter to all classes if you have these items. A stylus and light box is recommended for dry embossing classes if you have them. A wet embossing heat tool is recommended for embossing with powders.
- Class attendees receive 10% off non-sale product purchases on the day of the class. Class fees and gift certificates excluded.