Friday, August 9, 2013 • 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Join Dina for an artsy exploration of Poetry in Motion. We'll use paints, inks, and stamps to create "moving" works of art. Expressive and free, we'll put color and meaning in every layer. Words and images will combine to move us to greater artistic heights. Our journal will have actual moving parts, and we'll stamp and sketch to add personal imagery.
Please bring to class:
- Basic crafting tool kit (pencil, scissors, craft sheet, paint rag, paint brushes, palette knife, paint palette, baby wipes)
- White acrylic gesso, acrylic paints in an assortment of colors (Dina prefers artist-quality paint, but bring what you've got)
- Paintbrushes–one or two should be fine (Dina prefers a large flat brush, about ¾"; foam brushes will get you by but are not ideal; Dina likes the Claudine Hellmuth brush assortment by Ranger – they are inexpensive and good quality)
- Pen for writing (such as an ultra-fine or extra-fine point Sharpie works well, Faber-Castell Pitt pen, or Sharpie Water-based Poster-paint marker in Extra-fine point)
$58. 72-hour cancellation notice required for refund.
- Classes have a limited enrollment to ensure comfort, maximum enjoyment and individualized instruction.
- Payment at time of registration reserves your spot and is required.
- Register in person or by calling (858-513-8024) during store hours.
- Store Cancellation: Classes with fewer than 2-3 students will be cancelled after consultation with the instructor. A full refund will be given.
- Student Cancellation: A refund will be available with 48-hour notice of cancellation, or 72-hour notice of cancellation when specified for out-of-area instructors. This gives the instructor enough time to modify the preparation kits accordingly. No refund when there is less than 48-hour notification, or less than 72-hour notification when specified; student will receive the class kit/instructor notes if applicable.
- Basic Class Kit: we recommend you bring adhesive, scissors, tweezers, X-Acto knife with fresh blade, pencil, black inkpad and personal paper cutter to all classes if you have these items. A stylus and light box is recommended for dry embossing classes if you have them. A wet embossing heat tool is recommended for embossing with powders.
- Class attendees receive 10% off non-sale product purchases on the day of the class. Class fees and gift certificates excluded.