Saturday, August 10, 2013 • 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Come and get an introduction to gelatin-style mono-printing with the Gelli Arts printing plate. We'll go over printing basics as well as several different techniques for achieving unique and many-layered prints. Gelatin printing is fun and addictive! We will make our prints into a quick and easy little journal.
Please bring to class:
- Basic crafting tool kit (pencil, scissors, craft sheet, paint rag, paint brushes, palette knife, paint palette, baby wipes)
- 12" paper cutter
- Gelli plate (if you have one; if not, Dina will have one for you to use in class – note that in class, you may have to share a plate with others)
- Rubber brayer
- Acrylic paint (Dina gets the best results from heavy-body paint because it dries slower, but bring what you have; please include white and a dark neutral, like Payne's Grey or black)
- An assortment of your favorite stencils; Dina will have some for class use, as well
- Adhesive (gel medium is fine, or a good strong glue stick like Ranger's Collage Glue or UHU)
- Optional: Corner Chomper; Dina will have one to use, but if you have your own, you won't have to wait
- Black ink pad (Dina likes Ranger's Archival black pad); she will have some for class use, too
- Any rubber stamps that appeal to you; Dina will have many for class use
$58. 72-hour cancellation notice required for refund.
- Classes have a limited enrollment to ensure comfort, maximum enjoyment and individualized instruction.
- Payment at time of registration reserves your spot and is required.
- Register in person or by calling (858-513-8024) during store hours.
- Store Cancellation: Classes with fewer than 2-3 students will be cancelled after consultation with the instructor. A full refund will be given.
- Student Cancellation: A refund will be available with 48-hour notice of cancellation, or 72-hour notice of cancellation when specified for out-of-area instructors. This gives the instructor enough time to modify the preparation kits accordingly. No refund when there is less than 48-hour notification, or less than 72-hour notification when specified; student will receive the class kit/instructor notes if applicable.
- Basic Class Kit: we recommend you bring adhesive, scissors, tweezers, X-Acto knife with fresh blade, pencil, black inkpad and personal paper cutter to all classes if you have these items. A stylus and light box is recommended for dry embossing classes if you have them. A wet embossing heat tool is recommended for embossing with powders.
- Class attendees receive 10% off non-sale product purchases on the day of the class. Class fees and gift certificates excluded.