Sunday, August 11, 2013 • 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Have you been curious about art journaling, but are not sure where to start? Come and play with Dina! We'll explore what art journaling is and she will teach you techniques for creating fun and expressive pages. We'll create backgrounds, image layers, and top texture. We'll make several pages and you'll get a feel for playing, experimenting, and being free with your art. She'll also give you some tips for page topics and writing on your pages. No previous art experience is required.
Supplies you need to bring to class:
- Basic crafting tool kit (pencil, scissors, craft sheet, paint rag, paint brushes, palette knife, paint palette, baby wipes)
- White acrylic gesso
- Acrylic paints in an assortment of colors (Dina prefers artist-quality paint, but bring what you've got)
- Paintbrushes–one or two should be fine (Dina prefers a large flat brush, about ¾"; foam brushes will get you by but are not ideal; Dina likes the Claudine Hellmuth brush assortment by Ranger – they are inexpensive and good quality
- Pen for writing (such as an ultra-fine or extra-fine point Sharpie works well, Faber-Castell Pitt pen, or Sharpie Water-based Poster-paint marker in Extra-fine point)
- Optional: a journal to work in; we will be working in class on watercolor paper, but if you'd also like to work in a journal, feel free – choose a journal with heavy pages, preferably watercolor paper
- Optional: any papers or scraps or pictures that inspire you; Dina will be giving you an assortment of ephemera, but if you have something you love, feel free to bring it
- Black ink pad (Dina likes Ranger's Archival black pad); she will have some for class use, too
- Any rubber stamps that appeal to you; Dina will have many for class use
$58. 72-hour cancellation notice required for refund.
- Classes have a limited enrollment to ensure comfort, maximum enjoyment and individualized instruction.
- Payment at time of registration reserves your spot and is required.
- Register in person or by calling (858-513-8024) during store hours.
- Store Cancellation: Classes with fewer than 2-3 students will be cancelled after consultation with the instructor. A full refund will be given.
- Student Cancellation: A refund will be available with 48-hour notice of cancellation, or 72-hour notice of cancellation when specified for out-of-area instructors. This gives the instructor enough time to modify the preparation kits accordingly. No refund when there is less than 48-hour notification, or less than 72-hour notification when specified; student will receive the class kit/instructor notes if applicable.
- Basic Class Kit: we recommend you bring adhesive, scissors, tweezers, X-Acto knife with fresh blade, pencil, black inkpad and personal paper cutter to all classes if you have these items. A stylus and light box is recommended for dry embossing classes if you have them. A wet embossing heat tool is recommended for embossing with powders.
- Class attendees receive 10% off non-sale product purchases on the day of the class. Class fees and gift certificates excluded.